4.03.2014

Review: Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Boundless by Cynthia Hand




The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

First Line: "The first thing i'm aware of is the dark."

Review: I've had this one sitting on my shelf for some time now and I was a little hesitant to pick it up because I knew there was a good chance this wouldn't end the way I wanted it to as far as who Clara ends up with and lets just say she doesn't end up with the one I wanted for her which kind of annoyed me because we get so much of him in this book and I think it would have been easier to accept it if he had a bad quality about him but he didn't he truly loved her and everything he went through with her I was just really really rooting for him I felt that we were led to believe that they were meant to be them BAM! the other guy is back in the picture and I just wasn't fully convinced.

I still liked Clara but I found myself getting a little annoyed with her because of how she couldn't make up her mind between the two guys it just wasn't right to string them along especially the one I was rooting for... just saying. Needless to say the love triangle went real south for me in this book which is the main reason I couldn't give this book five stars let alone four.

I found the rest of the book to be enjoyable there is more of the Black Wings and Clara visits hell well more like she goes on a rescue mission but I liked reading about that part. What kind of got  me a little ticked off also was the whole "Purpose" thing that Clara has to figure out from the very beginning I just feel like umm are you serious half the reason I was reading this series was my curiosity about her damn purpose and then we get THAT! Yea I wasn't too happy.

Anyways even with all my complaints I don't regret reading the series it was still one of the better angel series I've come across.



Memorable Quotes: ~ "I love you," he murmurs. "Can you feel that? You. Not some destiny I think I'm called to. You. I'm with you. My strength. My soul. My heart. Feel it."





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...