11.27.2014

Mini Review: Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.

But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…
First Line:"Ten seconds after Mrs. Cleo moseyed on into biology class, flipped on the projector and turned off the lights, Bambi decided she was no longer comfortable where she was currently curled around my waist."

Review:Stone Cold Touch is the second book in Armentrout's The Dark Elements series and yes it was pure perfection like pretty much everything else she writes. There are two boys in this book and yes there are teams which usually annoys me but best believe it I voted...literally voted for Roth...how could you not after reading Stone Cold Touch.

So obviously from the cover this was more Layla and Zayne time and I'm not going to lie I did find myself liking Zayne but still nothing compared to Roth. Zayne is her best friend, loves her, knows her better then anyone else but I don't feel he truly accepted Layla for all she is. And any doubt I had towards Roth was gone with this epiphany that Layla had...


"Zayne would lock me in a room to keep me safe if he thought there was even a hint of danger in the air. Roth...yeah, he'd tried to get me out of the way, but he wouldn't shelter me."

Roth lets Layla be who she really is, he doesn't try to cage her in and conform her and damn it it's ROTH! 

The plot was also very well done there was tons of action which kept things moving along at a very fast pace. Stone Cold Touch was everything I want in a book even with that pesky love triangle which is done perfectly. I am dying for the next book and crossing my fingers that majority voted for Roth.



Memorable Quotes 

~ "Love is a strange creature on thinks one has a grasp on and understanding of, only to discover later that it was only the barest taste of the real thing."

~"Roth brought you here for food? That's great. You look as comfortable as a kitten huddled in a pile of pit bulls."




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...